Thursday, January 31, 2013

Communication is KEY

In this Family Life article, Communication is something that I believe can make or break marriages and relationships.  Some spouses have endless amount of hours to talk to each other and to have conversations with their children.  Where as others may only have that 4 hour time from 6 to 10 o'clock at night,  after a ten hour day at work or school and activities.  Whichever it is, communicating is important for parent relationships and marriage relationships. I think it is important to get into a routine when communicating so long periods of time don't pass when you have not communicated with someone. Through this article, I have also learned that there are ways to talk to one another. In my own family, communication is very important.  Witnessing pointless and stupid fights between my mom and dad because "my dad said something with a certain tone" or vice versa,  has taught me that the meaning of what one says and how you say it is crucial to avoid  wasting time being angry at each other. These petty fights can also occur between children and parents.


2 comments:

  1. I agree that communication is very important to keep in touch with your family. My family and I always try to eat dinner together and use that time to catch up on everyone's day. Of course, because we are all so busy, family dinners don't always happen, but we try our hardest to make time for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you! Even though family dinners can sometimes be hard to arrange, I feel like when we all sit down together without the distractions like TV or cell phones we are truly our closest. I feel like cell phones, the ultimate communicator, can really stop the closeness of a family as well. Not that cell phones are always a bad thing, since they can definitely help us communicate when we are away from each other, but they can also be distractions and an excuse to not make conversation during the precious time we have with our families.

    ReplyDelete