Thursday, April 11, 2013

Strategy and Plan for Research

I am planning on giving a survey to my family and two other families; my best friend's family and my cousin's family. The survey will be general for all members of the immediate family (siblings and both parents).  Examples of questions I will ask on the survey are as follows: who is the dominant person in the family? who makes most decisions in the family? what is everyone's roles? do you feel in control of your children's  lives? do you think it is necessary to be a whole family unit rather than separated or divorced? etc. Then I will use that data from the three families and observe my own family and compare and contrast the families to see what is similar and what is different. The survey will  help me get some background information on what the families' think occurs, and then I will actually observe the daily events of a family and the relationships between parent and child. I predict that the families are going to vary in how they interact within their family. I also predict that it my observations will show it is important to have two "in-tact" parents when growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment