Friday, March 1, 2013

The Effects of Married Parents on Children

In this article of Why Children Need Married Parents, I found some interesting results of why children are more successful when having two parents married when growing up. Children raised in an intact family environment are less prone to falling into the pressures of drugs, alcohol, and from not continuing one's education through to college. Children with intact parents are not as likely to get a divorce because of how their childhood was and what a child knows to be considered normal to them. I think that makes sense because I know a person who's parents have been divorced her whole life and marriage is not one of her key goals in life. Where as I have lived with both my parents and see marriage as a very important part of my future. Although I think that a person makes their own views and opinions on what marriage is and it's aspects, I do believe that your parent's relationships impacts your views. Living with both a mother and father at the same time gives a child the gender roles that he or she is supposed to conform to. The absence of either a mother or father in a child's daily life can effect how they are raised and what gender roles they play.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that kids that growing up get a lot of their influences from the parents and if their parents are divorce they may be likely not to want to get married. I have the topic marriage and family: divorce. I have found that some people do not want to get married because of their parents got a divorce and the experience was scaring to them so they don't want to re experience it or have their kids experience so they don't want to get married. I do think though if both parents are divorce but both are still have an active presence in the child's life and both parents get along well they will still want to get married and will still do well in school and have good influences.

    ReplyDelete